Sonshine Wilderness Retreat (SWR) offers the following trip types. As we stated on the Adventures, Programing and Pricing pages, each trip can be customized to make your experience as impactful as possible:
- Excursions – These trips are offered assuming only tentstaysprior to the Lodge being constructed. Once theLodgeis constructed, SWR willofferthe option of either lodge or tent stays. The retreat will be home base for the groupwithnumerous day excursions into the wilderness and/or other local activities. Daily excursions could include a local festival, a day hike, white water rafting or canyon zip lining etc.. Allexcursionsare planned, organized and led by SWR with the activities being guided by one our local partners.
– Mountain summit hikes
– Day hikes
– Whitewater Rafting
– Zip line Tours
– Fly Fishing
– Mountain Biking
– Horseback Riding
– ATV Tours
The excursions can run from a half day up to a full day. Typically, only one excursion is scheduled per day.
- Expeditions – In 2016, these trips will be offered assuming only tent stays on our current property prior to a Lodge being constructed at our permanent home. Once the Lodge is constructed, SWR will offer the option of either lodge or tent stays. The retreat will be home base for the group with 3 to 5 day backpacking trips into the wilderness. The trips will be planned, organized and led by SWR staff, with staff from our local partner guiding them.
- Retreats – Once the Lodge is constructed at our permanent home, SWR will offer two types of Retreats:
– SWR Assisted – The trip will be planned and assisted by SWR staff but led by the group leader. An example of such a retreat may include a church leadership retreat, etc. SWR involvement will vary by trip.
– SWR Led -The trip will be planned, organized and led by SWR staff. Examples may include a marriage encounter, men’s and women’s retreat, etc., which would be available for groups or individuals.
- Winter Trips – Once the Lodge is constructed at our permanent home, the retreat will be home base with numerous day trips to Monarch Ski Resort, local winter outfitters, trips into town, etc. They are planned and organized by SWR, and can be led by SWR staff if desired. SWR involvement will vary by trip.